Rules for admission of online media as members in the Council of Media Ethics
- Impressum published at the webpage (editor and editorial team), as well as contact information and address
- Observance of the Code of Journalists, the Charter of Ethical Reporting on the Elections and the provisions of the Statute of the Council of Media Ethics
- Members must be online media which regularly publish informative contents of public interest
- Registered as legal entities in the Republic of North Macedonia and a transparent declaration of their ownership
- Transparent financing, in compliance with the Law
- Publishing of the adjudications of the CMEM and involvement in the process of mediation
- A banner is placed at their website, declaring that they will observe the principles of the Code (and the process of self-regulation)
- The articles published should be signed by an author and if taken from other media outlets this should be clearly stated, in compliance with the Copyright Law.
- Members should have price lists for advertising published at their website or a link should be provided to a published price list by a marketing agency
- Members should be registered with a MK domain
- The paid commercial contents should be clearly marked
- It is desirable that the professional newsrooms have at least one editor and at least two employed persons, as well as space and technical conditions for professional performance of the work.