The Council accomplishes its objectives through the following activities:
• Promotion and protection of the journalistic profession by promotion and protection of the ethical standards in the media, strengthening of the self-regulation in the media in Macedonia.
• Monitoring of the use of professional standards in the reporting of the media in Macedonia
• Providing of an expert and advisory assistance to the members of the Council and the wider audience
• Organizing of workshops, training, conferences, debates in order to promote the professional standards and promote the work of the Council
• Submitting of initiatives to the relevant bodies aimed at creation of conditions for continuous work of the self-regulatory body for the media in Macedonia
• Exchange of experiences and information with similar associations and other civil society organizations in the country and abroad
• Publishing books, brochures, bulletins and other types of publications and regular update of the Council’s website.